During the month of October, we have been busy working with the following major oil and gas companies to ensure that their teams are confident in their knowledge within their respective fields.
- Two of Shell staff members attended our "Central Control Room Operations Simulator - PEARL" course in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. This is an intensive five day course which is based heavily on our PEARL simulator which is set up to mimic a real control room.
- Also at our training centre in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, we held our most popular course for Shell employees "Control and Operation of Centrifugal Gas Compressors". This course covers compression principles, compressor operation, mechanical design, instrumentation and control and anti-surge control in detail over three days.
- In Perth, Western Australia we ran a customised two day course for Shell employees due to work on the Prelude FLNG. The course was an introduction to centrifugal gas compressors and steam turbines and incorporated simulation exercises to solidify the delegate's knowledge on the topic.
BG Group - Over the course of October, we ran three control room operations simulator courses at our training centre in Aberdeenshire, Scotland for BG Group staff, training a total of 6 employees over the course of three weeks.
Nexen - In Uxbridge, UK we were training Nexen Petroleum support staff on a one day non-technical overview of the oil and gas industry. The aim of this course is to educate non-technical staff members on the terms and processes of the industry to enable more effective support for their technical employees.
- ESD trainers were in Adelaide, Southern Australia running a fully customised five day program covering satellite fundamentals and optimisation over 9 modules: oil and gas satellites, gas/liquid separation, hydrocarbon liquid handling, water handling systems, gas compression, rotating equipment drives, power generation and electrical distribution, utilities and safety related systems. Thirteen Santos employees were trained on this course, with more planning to attend next year.
- Also in Adelaide, we ran a custom three day course covering oil and gas process plant fundamentals for new Santos operators. The course is designed to provide an introduction to the processes used for the treatment and conditioning of oil and natural gas streams.